2020 has been a difficult year.
And right now, you might just want it to end. But before you enjoy your festive feast, take a moment to think about those less fortunate. In fact, because so many people are struggling due to COVID-19, this episode features great initiatives that could use your support, as well as two gifts to say thank you!
Thank you for listening to the Cape Town Travel Guide podcast!
- This show is hosted by marketing consultant, travel writer, and voice actor Eugene Yiga. Learn more about working with him at www.eugeneyiga.com.
- Get free episodes delivered to you via Apple, Android, Deezer, RSS, Spotify, TuneIn, and more. You can also get one month of FREE premium membership at Stitcher with the promo code CAPETOWN.
- If you want more audio content, sign up at audibletrial.com/capetown and download any book for FREE. (This, like Stitcher, is an affiliate partner that pays us commission but doesn’t charge you anything extra. Thanks in advance for going through the links!)
- To support responsible drinking (and limited traffic congestion) we’ve partnered with Uber and Bolt to offer new users a free ride.
- To help produce more episodes, please show your support through PayPal. No amount is too small (or too large). You might even get a shoutout on the show!
Here are this week’s links:
- COVID-19: Cape Town businesses helping those in need
- Cape Town businesses doing their part to prevent COVID-19 spread
- COVID-19: Cape Town residents making a difference | Cape Town Travel
- Courage Final Facebook
- Food Flow
- Sidewalk gardens feed the hungry
- Rise Against Hunger’s Response to Covid 19
- What goes into a soup kitchen meal?
- This Cape Town brewery is transforming into a kitchen to feed the hungry
- The Brewers Soup Collective
- Covid-19 Charities: Local Causes That Need Your Help
- 7 Ways To Support Those In Need During Lockdown | ENTERTAINER Hub
- HOW YOU CAN HELP CAPE TOWN’S HOMELESS
- Waves for Change: Changing lives one wave at a time | Cape Town Travel
- Sexy Socks: Well-Made Statement Socks That Give Back
If you’ve already supported the best charities in Cape Town, here’s where you can treat yourself to a festive feast:
- Christmas lunch and dinner in Cape Town
- Where to eat out in Cape Town this Christmas
- Where to have your Christmas feast in the Cape Winelands and beyond
- Celebrate Christmas And New Year’s In Cape Town
If you found this valuable, please share it with someone who might find it valuable too. Then subscribe below for email updates whenever we release a new podcast episode or blog post!