This episode covers Monday 9 December to Sunday 15 December 2019.
Entertainment news includes stand-up comedy show The Lying King: Circle of Laugh at Theatre on the Bay, Cape Town City Ballet’s A Christmas Carol at the Artscape Theatre, festive music throughout Cape Town and the winelands, and the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series at the Cape Town Stadium. We also look at the best places for your end-of-year event (with plenty of happenings at Lapo’s Kitchen), enjoy the best high tea for International Tea Day, and catch a wave at the Stoked Surfing School two-day camp in Muizenberg this weekend.
Thank you for listening to the Cape Town Travel Guide podcast!
- This show is hosted by marketing consultant, travel writer, and voice actor Eugene Yiga. Learn more about working with him at www.eugeneyiga.com.
- Get free episodes delivered to you via Apple, Android, Deezer, RSS, Spotify, TuneIn, and more. You can also get one month of FREE premium membership at Stitcher when you use the use promo code CAPETOWN.
- To support responsible drinking (and limited traffic congestion) we’ve partnered with Uber and Bolt to offer new users a free ride.
Here are this week’s links:
- Christmas Carols at Groot Constantia
- Carols by Candlelight – Somerset West
- Cape Point Vineyards Christmas Concert
- Christmas Carols for a Cause
- Christmas Carols at Bishops Diocesan College
- Carols Under The Stars – Stellenbosch
- Christmas Carols at Oude Libertas – Stellenbosch
- Cape Town Carols at Kirstenbosch
- Compendium of the Carol
- Christmas Carols with The Serenades
- The Symphony Choir Performs Handel’s Messiah at The Lutheran Church
- 5 great private dinner experiences in Cape Town
- Lapo’s Kitchen (Climate Dinner, Lazy Sunday, Social Dining, and Great Roman Feast)
- Where to order high tea in Cape Town
- Taj Cape Town Festive Afternoon Tea
- 5 great unusual high teas in Cape Town
- 2 Day Stoked Like A Local Surf Surf Camp
- Learn How (and Where) To Surf in Cape Town
- Why a surfing trip should be your next holiday
If you enjoyed exploring the best high tea in Cape Town, here are similar posts:
- 8 great coffee shops for working in Cape Town
- Where to get the most decadent hot chocolate in SA
- The Best High Teas in Cape Town