This episode covers Monday 24 February to Sunday 1 March 2020.
We start with two events at the Artscape Theatre: the annual Design Indaba during the week and the Cape Town Comedy Festival on the weekend. We then enjoy music from American metalcore band Crown the Empire, an ‘afro-symphonic’ extravaganza with the RMB Starlight Classics, and the annual Robertson Wine Valley Hands-on-Harvest festival. To end, we celebrate the leap year with two great events to make the most of the extra day this month: the Cape Town Biodegradable Festival and the grand opening street party for SA Cocktail Week.
Thank you for listening to the Cape Town Travel Guide podcast!
- This show is hosted by marketing consultant, travel writer, and voice actor Eugene Yiga. Learn more about working with him at www.eugeneyiga.com.
- Get free episodes delivered to you via Apple, Android, Deezer, RSS, Spotify, TuneIn, and more. You can also get one month of FREE premium membership at Stitcher with the promo code CAPETOWN.
- If you want more audio content, sign up at audibletrial.com/capetown and download any book for FREE. (This, like Stitcher, is an affiliate partner that pays us commission but doesn’t charge you anything extra. Thanks in advance for going through the links!)
- To support responsible drinking (and limited traffic congestion) we’ve partnered with Uber and Bolt to offer new users a free ride.
- To help produce more episodes, please show your support through PayPal. No amount is too small (or too large). You might even get a shoutout on the show!
Here are this week’s links:
- Design Indaba | a better world through creativity
- Cape Town International Comedy Festival (win tickets in our Kingsumo giveaway!)
- Crown The Empire South Africa Tour 2020
- RMB Starlight Classics – Somerset West
- Robertson Wine Valley Hands-on Harvest
If you enjoyed exploring the best leap year events in the Western Cape, here are similar posts:
- 8 amazing annual music festivals in Cape Town
- Survival Tips for Cape Town Summer
- The 40 Best Things To Do in Cape Town This Summer