This episode covers Monday 23 September to Sunday 29 September 2019.
We start on stage with The Room at Alexander Upstairs, the annual dance festival at the Baxter Theatre, and the Tim Kliphuis Trio with the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra at City Hall. Then, after celebrating Heritage Day at the best braai spots in Cape Town and World Tourism Day at the top tourist restaurants in the Western Cape, we eat and drink at the Hermanus Wine and Food Festival before spending the night at The Marine Hotel, which is hosting the first ever Whale Week. Back in Cape Town, we end at the Fitch & Leedes Gin & Tonic Festival, with great meals at the ENTERTAINER’s partner restaurants at the V&A Waterfront.
Thank you for listening to the Cape Town Travel Guide podcast!
- This show is hosted by marketing consultant, travel writer, and voice actor Eugene Yiga. Learn more about working with him at www.eugeneyiga.com.
- This show is produced in partnership with the ENTERTAINER, where members enjoy over 2500 buy-one-get-one-free and discount offers at more than 600 places in the Western Cape. Use the promo code PODCAST2019 for a 10% discount when you join now at www.theentertainerme.com.
- Get free episodes delivered to you via Apple, Android, RSS, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, and more. You can also win tickets to the best events, as well as great prizes from our sponsors, when you join our growing community via email at www.capetowntravel.guide.
Here are this week’s links:
- The Room
- The Baxter Dance Festival 2019
- Association of International of Dance Teachers
- Tim Kliphuis Trio and the CPO
- Heritage Day: Celebrating Cape Town’s History + Diversity
- The 15 Best Braai Spots in Cape Town 2019
- Six Gun Braai Festival
- The countrywide tourist guide: Where to eat and drink in SA
- Cape Town: through the eyes of travel writers
- Join the Whale Week festivities at The Marine in Hermanus
- Whale Week at The Marine Hermanus: Food + Talks + More
- The Marine Hotel: Five-Star Seafront Lodgings in Hermanus
- Save 60% on a One-Night Anytime Stay for Two at The Marine Hotel
- Save 60% on a Two-Night Anytime Stay for Two at The Marine Hotel
Here are some of the ENTERTAINER’s partner restaurants at the V&A Waterfront:
If you enjoyed exploring the best places to braai in Cape Town, here are similar posts:
- The Best Gardens and Parks in Cape Town
- Things to do in Summer in Cape Town
- The 35 Best Outdoor Activities in Cape Town