This episode covers Monday 16 March to Sunday 22 March 2020.
We start with some exciting updates in celebration of our two-year anniversary and continue the party at the annual Cape Town Carnival this weekend. Then, after enjoying great music from a new play at the Baxter Theatre, the Cape Town Concert Series, and an evening of improvised piano and painting, we end in Stellenbosch for details of the best places to eat, plus great wine tours, tastings, and pairings with popcorn, hot cross buns, and more.
(Note: Due to the ongoing spread of COVID-19, some of the events mentioned in this episode may be suspended, cancelled, or postponed. All information was accurate at the time of recording but please check with the organisers before making a booking. Take care and stay safe!)
Thank you for listening to the Cape Town Travel Guide podcast!
- This show is hosted by marketing consultant, travel writer, and voice actor Eugene Yiga. Learn more about working with him at www.eugeneyiga.com.
- Get free episodes delivered to you via Apple, Android, Deezer, RSS, Spotify, TuneIn, and more. You can also get one month of FREE premium membership at Stitcher with the promo code CAPETOWN.
- If you want more audio content, sign up at audibletrial.com/capetown and download any book for FREE. (This, like Stitcher, is an affiliate partner that pays us commission but doesn’t charge you anything extra. Thanks in advance for going through the links!)
- To support responsible drinking (and limited traffic congestion) we’ve partnered with Uber and Bolt to offer new users a free ride.
- To help produce more episodes, please show your support through PayPal. No amount is too small (or too large). You might even get a shoutout on the show!
Here are this week’s links:
- Travel Podcasters You Should Listen To
- Digital Marketing Conference (event rescheduled to 6 May)
- Best Podcasting Tools (plus a free copy of my new podcasting book!)
- Everything you need to know about the Cape Town Carnival (cancelled)
- Cape Town Carnival Behind the Scenes (cancelled)
- Book tickets for Cape Town Carnival 2020 (cancelled)
- The Last Five Years (cancelled)
- Impart | Improvised Piano & Art (cancelled)
- Cape Town Concert Series (cancelled)
- Manor Kitchen at Lanzerac: Classical Dining in Opulent Surrounds
- The Vine Bistro at Glenelly: French Flair in The Heart of The Winelands
- Helena’s Restaurant: Old-World Fine-Dining in Stellenbosch
- Joostenberg Bistro: Family Fare with Gourmet Cred in the Winelands
- The Kraal in Stellenbosch: Laidback Lunch Under The Trees
- Hertzoggies and hot cross bao are on the menu at this new Stellies restaurant
- What to expect from The Table at De Meye’s new owners
- The Table at De Meye: An Idyllic Setting for Lunch in Stellenbosch
- Stellenbosch Wine Bus: Hop-On-Hop-Off Wine-Tastings
- A Full-Day Stellenbosch Wine Tour: Discover Five Winelands Gems
- Pop in for Polkadraai-and-Popcorn this summer
- Stellenbosch Hills spreads April cheer with Hot Cross Bun & Wine Pairing
If you enjoyed exploring the best places to eat in Stellenbosch, here are similar posts:
- The 28 Best Restaurants in Stellenbosch
- Best restaurants in Paarl
- The 15 Best Wine Tours in Cape Town 2019