This episode covers Monday 8 July to Sunday 14 July 2019.
In celebration of World Pizza Day, we start with a hunt for Cape Town’s best pizza and share details on the must-try cheesy dishes in the Western Cape. We then sip on fine wines at the TOPS at SPAR Wine Show in Cape Town and the annual Bastille Festival in Franschhoek, where you can find over a dozen luxury places to stay. We end with entertainment news: Confessions of a Mormon Boy at Alexander Upstairs, Arno Carstens at Tigers Milk, and the Bokeh South African International Lifestyle and Fashion Film Festival at the V&A Waterfront.
Thank you for listening to the Cape Town Travel Guide podcast!
- This show is hosted by marketing consultant, travel writer, and voice actor Eugene Yiga. Learn more about working with him at www.eugeneyiga.com.
- Get free episodes delivered to you via Apple, Android, RSS, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, and more. You can also win tickets to the best events, as well as great prizes from our sponsors, when you join our growing community via email at www.capetowntravel.guide.
Here are this week’s links:
- Watch: Zola Nene goes on the hunt for Cape Town’s best pizza
- 11 must-try cheesy dishes in the Western Cape
- The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show (use our promo codes for Uber and Bolt)
- Franschhoek Bastille Festival (get discounted Hyperli tickets for Sunday)
- The Hottest Places to Stay in Franschhoek in 2019 (find more ideas on Airbnb Luxe)
- Colonial at La Clé Village: Casbah Style in Franschhoek
- Galerie at La Clé Village: An Avante-Garde Villa in Franschhoek
- Lily Pond House: Luxurious Villa Living at Le Lude in Franschhoek
- Angala Boutique Hotel: A Mountainside Retreat in Franschhoek
- Fransvliet Guest House: A Tranquil Garden Escape in Franschhoek
- Macaron Boutique Guest House: Small Town Seclusion in Franschhoek
- Vrede en Lust: A Charming Countryside Stay Near Franschhoek
- La Chataigne: Stylish Self-Catering in The Franschhoek Winelands
- Confessions of a Mormon Boy
- Arno Carstens Lift My Spirit Tour
- The Bokeh South African International Fashion Film Festival
If you enjoyed exploring the best places to stay in Franschhoek, here are similar posts:
- Wine – a reason to travel
- The best little towns in the Cape for a weekend break
- The best restaurants in Franschhoek