This episode covers Monday 29 July to Sunday 4 August 2019.
We start at the theatre with The Hucksters (Alexander Upstairs), The Old Man and the Sea (The Fugard), and Here’s To You (a Simon and Garfunkel tribute at Theatre on the Bay). Then, after enjoying live music at the Two Oceans Aquarium, we celebrate First Thursday with the best restaurants in Bree Street, including two brand new spots. We end at the second annual Shortmarket Shindig, the Stellenbosch Fine Wine and Food Festival, and the best breweries to visit for International Beer Day.
Thank you for listening to the Cape Town Travel Guide podcast!
- This show is hosted by marketing consultant, travel writer, and voice actor Eugene Yiga. Learn more about working with him at www.eugeneyiga.com.
- Get free episodes delivered to you via Apple, Android, RSS, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, and more. You can also win tickets to the best events, as well as great prizes from our sponsors, when you join our growing community via email at www.capetowntravel.guide.
Here are this week’s links:
- The Hucksters
- The Old Man and the Sea
- Here’s to You – Simon and Garfunkel
- After Dark at the Two Oceans Aquarium
- The ultimate Bree Street restaurant guide
- The Station on Bree: 5 Reasons to Check Out This London-Themed Joint
- La Parada Bree Street: Hot Tapas + Cool Vibes
- Matt Manning over-delivers at Grub & Vine on Bree Street
- Grub & Vine Sunday Roast: A Hearty + Refined Five-Course Feast
- The Chef’s Studio on Bree Street: Prepare Gourmet Meals with Top Chefs
- Syrup is Bree Street’s hot new brunch bar with a difference
- Watch: What to order at Bree Street’s hot new brunch bar
- SŸN at 47: A Pop-Up Dining Experience on Bree Street
- New restaurant alert: SŸN at 47 to open on Bree Street next week
- Now open: Bree Street’s new molecular fine-dining restaurant
- The Shortmarket Shindig
- The Stellenbosch Fine Wine and Food Festival
- The Beer Route (use our promo codes for Uber and Bolt)
If you enjoyed exploring the best restaurants in Bree Street, here are similar posts:
- 9 hot new restaurants in Cape Town and surrounds
- The ultimate Kloof Street restaurant guide
- Your Long Street ‘cheat sheet’