This episode covers Monday 2 September to Sunday 8 September 2019.
We start with Cape Town Opera’s Orphée et Eurydice at the Baxter Theatre, the Open Book Festival in and around the Fugard Theatre, and the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra at City Hall. Then, after sipping on cocktails at the Canal Walk Gin Fest and wine at The Grape Escape Wine Festival, we explore the best restaurants in the Southern Suburbs, with the chance to win free meals at the ENTERTAINER’s partner restaurants in Claremont, Constantia, Kenilworth, Mowbray, Newlands, Observatory, Plumstead, Rondebosch, and Wynberg.
Thank you for listening to the Cape Town Travel Guide podcast!
- This show is hosted by marketing consultant, travel writer, and voice actor Eugene Yiga. Learn more about working with him at www.eugeneyiga.com.
- This show is produced in partnership with the ENTERTAINER, where members enjoy over 2500 buy-one-get-one-free and discount offers at more than 600 places in the Western Cape. Use the promo code PODCAST2019 for a 10% discount when you join now at www.theentertainerme.com.
- Get free episodes delivered to you via Apple, Android, RSS, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, and more. You can also win tickets to the best events, as well as great prizes from our sponsors, when you join our growing community via email at www.capetowntravel.guide.
Here are this week’s links:
- The Canal Walk Gin Fest (use our promo codes for Uber and Bolt)
- Wine Concepts – The Grape Escape Unusual Wine Festival
- The Best Restaurants in Newlands (+ Claremont)
- This new restaurant in Cape Town’s southern suburbs tastes like a Greek holiday
Here are some of the ENTERTAINER’s partner restaurants in the Southern Suburbs:
- Inside Cocktail Lounge
- Knead (in Claremont, Constantia, Newlands, and Kenilworth)
- Moksh Authentic Indian Cuisine
If you enjoyed exploring the best restaurants in the Southern Suburbs, here are similar posts:
- Where to eat in Cape Town’s East City
- The Best Restaurants in Sea Point (And Surrounds)
- Muizenberg to Fish Hoek: A local’s guide to seaside restaurants