This episode covers Monday 18 November to Sunday 24 November 2019.
We start with the public arts festival Infecting the City, the play Zombie Attack at Alexander Upstairs, the Whitney Houston tribute show The Greatest Love of All at Artscape Opera House, and the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra symphony concert at City Hall. We then celebrate the winners of the Eat Out Mercedes Benz Restaurant Awards, including two Cape Town restaurants that were recently honoured on the global stage, and end with details of the spring lunch special at Foxcroft.
Thank you for listening to the Cape Town Travel Guide podcast!
- This show is hosted by marketing consultant, travel writer, and voice actor Eugene Yiga. Learn more about working with him at www.eugeneyiga.com.
- Get free episodes delivered to you via Apple, Android, Deezer, RSS, Spotify, Stitcher (use promo code CAPETOWN for one month of FREE premium membership!), TuneIn, and more. You can also win tickets to the best events, plus great prizes from our sponsors, when you join our growing community via email at www.capetowntravel.guide.
Here are this week’s links:
- Infecting the City
- Zombie Attack
- The Greatest Love of All (win VIP tickets in our KingSumo giveaway!)
- Classic Tchaikovsky (Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra)
- The winners of the 2019 Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards
- Balance of Power: 2019 Eat Out Service Excellence Award
- The doyenne of food: 2019 Eat Out Lannice Snyman Lifetime Achievement Award
- The winner of the Eat Out Bridget McCarney Game Changer Award is reseating the status quo
- A living legend: Eat Out Irna van Zyl Food Media Icon
- Always a step ahead: 2019 Eat Out John Psillos Award for Outstanding Contribution to Service
- Commitment to craft: 2019 Eat Out Wine Service Award
- Down to a FYN art: The winner of the 2019 Eat Out VISI Style Award
- Motivated by change: The 2019 Eat Out Nespresso Innovation Award goes to…
- Crowning glory: The 2019 Eat Out Retail Capital New Restaurant of the Year
- Growing strong: The winner of the 2019 Eat Out Woolworths Sustainability Award
- Cult of personality: The 2019 Eat Out S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna Chef of the Year
- Keeping up with Mr Jones: The 2019 Eat Out Graham Beck Chefs’ Chef
- The 2019 Eat Out Nederburg Rising Star is moving to the beat of his own drum
- This is South Africa’s best restaurant for 2019
- The Top 10 restaurants in South Africa for 2019
- The best restaurants in Cape Town: Where to eat in 2019
- The Hot List: The 20 Must-Visit Restaurants in Cape Town 2019
- 4Roomed eKasi is one of the top 30 restaurants in the world
- Durbanville Hills: Haute Grandeur Global Restaurant Awards
- These are the winners of the American Express restaurant awards
If you enjoyed exploring the best restaurants in the Western Cape, here are similar posts:
- What it costs to eat at SA’s top restaurants
- Artisanal / Craft Cuisine Concepts in Cape Town
- A gastronomic city break in Cape Town