This episode covers Monday 1 July to Sunday 7 July 2019.
We start with the Jive Cape Town Funny Festival at the Baxter Theatre and the play Family Secrets at Theatre on the Bay before moving to the Stellenbosch International Chamber Music Festival. Then, after eating at the best Stellenbosch wine farm restaurants and drinking at the Darling Winter Beer Fest, we end with a trip to Table Mountain for hiking, riding, and more!
Thank you for listening to the Cape Town Travel Guide podcast!
- This show is hosted by marketing consultant, travel writer, and voice actor Eugene Yiga. Learn more about working with him at www.eugeneyiga.com.
- Get free episodes delivered to you via Apple, Android, RSS, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, and more. You can also win tickets to the best events, as well as great prizes from our sponsors, when you join our growing community via email at www.capetowntravel.guide.
Here are this week’s links:
- 16 best restaurants on wine farms in Stellenbosch
- Louisvale Wines
- PJ Vadas’s new smokehouse eatery opens in Stellenbosch
- Where there’s smoke, there’s PJ: Vadas Smokehouse and Bakery
- Borscht, pampushki and okroshka at Stellenbosch’s Avant Garde restaurant
- Avant-Garde at Hazendal: Russian-Inspired Dining in Opulent Surrounds
- Watch: Relaunched Hazendal in Stellenbosch wows with Russian tea and fine dining
- Hazendal: Five Reasons to Visit This Illustrious Wine Estate
- Wonderdal: An Immersive Fantasy Playground in the Winelands
- Hazendal’s Russian Tea: Delicacies Aplenty in a Country Garden
- Pivnushka Beer Garden at Hazendal: Russian-Style Pub Fare in Stellenbosch
- Partner content: The variety of Russian dining options at Hazendal Estate
- First taste: Gåte’s playful molecular dining
- Meet the chef: The Namibian who went from JAN pâtissière to head of Gåte’s kitchen
- Gåte Restaurant in Stellenbosch: A Culinary Voyage of Discovery
- GÅTE Fine Dining (YouTube)
- Partner content: GÅTE at Quoin Rock
- Quoin Rock (VISI Magazine)
- The best things to do on Table Mountain
- 5 surprising reasons to visit Table Mountain Café
- Hike Woody Buttress, Table Mountain
- An off-road scooter adventure on the slopes of Table Mountain
If you enjoyed exploring the best Stellenbosch wine farm restaurants, here are similar posts:
- 6 best new restaurants in the winelands
- 10 wine routes near Cape Town you might not know about
- 14 tasting rooms in the Western Cape you must visit