This episode covers Monday 5 August to Sunday 11 August 2019.
We start with plenty of arts and entertainment events including the National Theatre Live Encore Season (Fugard Theatre), Cellist with Rabies (Alexander Upstairs), Burn the Floor (Baxter Theatre), Bianca Del Rio (CTICC), and the Cape Town Concert Series (Baxter Theatre). We then travel to Oudtshoorn for the Klein Karoo Klassique, Elgin for the Winter Wine Festival, and Constantia for luxury accommodation and fine dining at the Cellars-Hohenort Hotel as well as an exclusive wine tour visiting some of South Africa’s best wine estates.
Thank you for listening to the Cape Town Travel Guide podcast!
- This show is hosted by marketing consultant, travel writer, and voice actor Eugene Yiga. Learn more about working with him at www.eugeneyiga.com.
- This show is produced in partnership with the ENTERTAINER, where members enjoy over 2500 buy-one-get-one-free and discount offers at more than 600 places in the Western Cape. Use the promo code PODCAST2019 for a 10% discount when you join now at www.theentertainerme.com.
- Get free episodes delivered to you via Apple, Android, RSS, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, and more. You can also win tickets to the best events, as well as great prizes from our sponsors, when you join our growing community via email at www.capetowntravel.guide.
Here are this week’s links:
- The 2019 Fugard Bioscope National Theatre Live Encore Season
- Cellist With Rabies
- Burn the Floor: The Rebel Tour
- Bianca Del Rio: It’s Jester Joke
- Chopin, a Lover, a War & an Astronaut
- How to Spend the Women’s Day Long Weekend
- Klein Karoo Klassique
- Route 62: Oudtshoorn and Prince Albert
- 12 wonderful Prince Albert hideaways
- Elgin Winter Festival
- Ride a Segway Through Apple Country in Elgin
- The Cellars-Hohenhort: a luxury Cape Town boutique hotel
- The Cellars-Hohenort Hotel: Sumptuous Elegance in Constantia
- Save 58% on a One-Night Anytime Stay for Two at The Cellars-Hohenort
- Save 58% on a Two-Night Anytime Stay for Two at The Cellars-Hohenort
- Greenhouse: An Elegant and Immersive Dining Experience in Constantia
- Meet the chef: The new head of Greenhouse’s kitchen
- New chef at Top 10 Constantia restaurant to host fine-dining cooking demos
- South African restaurant voted 6th in the world
- Constantia restaurant makes World’s 50 Best runners-up list
- Chefs Warehouse at Beau Constantia
- Blockhouse Kitchen (All-Day Eatery at Constantia Uitsig)
- Where to go for beer tastings and tacos in Constantia
If you enjoyed exploring the best wine estates in Constantia, here are similar posts:
- The history of wine in Cape Town
- 3 next-level dining ideas in Newlands
- One day in the Southern Suburbs